Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
babies

Sunday, September 7, 2008

The Day The World Stopped . . . the Day Gracie Smiled!




So, I have sworn that my little genius came out of the womb smiling but was reassured by both pediatricians (yes, I switched once already) that what I was witnessing was gas. They said it wasn't until 5-6 weeks that she might start to show recognition of who we are and may smile in response. Well today our little one was in her swing and had enough and Jeff and I both went to go get her and she looked up at us, stopped crying, and smiled. We thought "well that is the cutest little gas bubble we ever saw" but then she did it again. We seriously just spent an hour sitting on the couch with her staring at her and grinning like idiots every time she smiled back. A mad man could have run through the house hurling Gucci and Louis Vuitton at my feet and I wouldn't have noticed! Do not worry though she still does a perfect pouty face with her lower lip quivering when she is unhappy, and the way Jeff reacts to it I am trying to trademark it for myself to use on him.

I accidentally erased the better video so we don't have huge smiles here but little ones. She was kind of over it at this point! We do have great pics though! Scroll to the bottom to stop music player to hear the video!





3 comments:

Jenny Marie said...

AWWWW She is sooooo happy! Kari and I just watched the video. Tell her I said hi!

Russ and Kacee Crawford said...

OH MY!!! I just love her so much!!! Now I want to see her again! We miss y'all! Love the outfit too!

Christy Laster said...

hehe! that "gas" comment was TOO funny! :)