Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
babies

Tuesday, November 4, 2008

3 months old and life adjusts around us!


Happy 3 month birthday Gracie Girl!! Everyday your personality comes out more and more and everyday I love you even more than the day before if that is possible! We have our ups and downs you and I! This AM you woke me up at 4am sobbing and when I (very cranky and frustrated) picked you up you buried your face in my shoulder and just sighed . . . it may have been the best sound I have ever heard in my life. When you "re-awoke" at 9am you laid in you crib and babbled to yourself for 30 mins before I picked you up . . .the smile you gave me when I walked in the room was priceless. Like you were saying "oh there you are . . . I was just telling the ceiling fan my political views". Today you refused to nap, cried for about an hour, and for the 3rd time in our relationship I cried along with you. I was tired and cranky and just wanted you to go to sleep. Then I sat down and you laid on my lap and batted your eyelashes and smiled and I realized my life will never be what it was 3 months ago . . .and I am better for it.

I love you more than you will ever know Gracie Girl . . . and when you are 16 and hate me because I didn't let you wear a mini skirt or get your belly button pierced like Auntie Caroline or your eye brow like Auntie Kathryn, I hope you read this. I hope you read it and know that you are my greatest achievement and life is complete because you exist. Love Always, your mommy

2 comments:

Caroline said...

Ha,

but i told you i'm giving her my belly ring for her 12th bday!

every 12 year old should have one!

when she turns 16 if i'm as rich as i hope, i will upgrade her to a diamond belly ring.

Rye Gal said...

That is one of the sweetest messages I have ever read! I teared up a little. Ugh I'm getting old, and married....and as my doctor says "I'm my prime to have children."

Congratulations again Kristen! I am so happy for you and Jeff!