Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker
babies

Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Return from the "Babymoon"!

Well since I never got a honeymoon (Jeff did to Iraq!) my sweet husband decided to plan a "babymoon"! He had been in Key West for a couple of weeks doing dogfighting (for my non-military friends he wasn't actually participating in Michael Vick activities but flight training!) He said that I should come down there so when he was done we could celebrate!

He spoiled me the whole trip and it was the most relaxing week ever! You can click on the pictures to see the bigger!


We stayed at the Casa Marina after a checking in at their sister resort, the Reach. I wanted to "reach" away quickly!! It is a very funny gross story but we got out of there quickly!! The Casa Marina was amazing! Jeff had already celebrated his birthday down there by treating himself to a fishing trip (oh and buying more fishing clothes even though he was already on thin Ice for the cost of the fishing trip, maybe I do need that LV diaper bag!) and I spent my early bday present at the spa (even though mine was A LOT less, how does that work?)

For those of you requesting ideas of where to go in Key West these are my must do's:
Blue Heaven :for the Banana Heaven dessert, oh my!
Croissants de la France: Where Caroline got her wedding cake which was amazing and they also have coconut cream stuffed croissants. Yes please!! I went 1 time a day!
Banana Cafe: for yummy crepes!
Mangia Mangia: for yummy Italian!
Alice's: the best meal we had!!
Latitudes on Sunset Key: so Romantic! you have to take a ferry and you literally sit on the beach surrounded by torches and watch the sunset!
915: yummy yummy Tapas
Rooftop: very very good!!


3 comments:

Family O said...

You look stunning and it looks like you had a great trip. Keep us posted on Graysen's arrival.

xo

Live.Love.Eat said...

I'm not sure if I ever commented before on your blog but I have visited often. You guys make such a great looking couple and congrats on your baby coming soon! I got married in Key West and looking at your pics makes me want to go back. Take care!

Live.Love.Eat said...

I see you updated this post and mentioned Latitudes. After we got married, the 16 of us went there by boat and had our celebration dinner!!!!