I am very open about the fact that I am so proud of Jeff that sometimes I can't contain it. When we met in college I knew he wanted to be a Navy pilot and I have been blessed to watch and be part of the journey. What a journey it has been . . . we have had incredible heartache and loss with our squadron VS-32, and the loss of two great men, Tom and Scott. With that same squadron we have had tremendous love and joy. Some of closest friends or who I call family have come from our time there. We have been through moves, goodbyes, work-ups, deployments and more. There isn't a day that goes by that I am not proud of our country, our servicemen and women, and our Navy. Now that Jeff has embarked on his new journey of flying the Super Hornet I always have mixed emotions. Incredible awe at the incredible piece of machinery and that he lands it on a carrier. With those same thoughts come the apprehension of more deployments and fear of the obvious fact that he has a dangerous job. I am beyond proud of every single person who devotes their life to the military. They are the braves souls who fight for us, who dedicate themselves to our safely, and who give up months and years away from their families so selflessly.
In ending . . . PBS has completed a 10 hour documentary titled "Carrier" that has started airing tonight. Below is the website with information and times. Lets just say I had teared up in the first 5 minutes after seeing all the families say goodbye. It is an amazing program that is the most in depth documentary I have ever seen on life on the carrier. I just wanted to spread the word so everyone can watch it (you can ever watch full episodes online). I also want to thank every single serviceman and woman. Thank you and God Bless you!!!!!!!
http://www.pbs.org/weta/carrier/?campaign=pbshomefeatures_1_carrier_2008-04-27
1 comment:
Did you notice the lack of S3Bs in the documentary? Those Hornet guys get all the glory!
We are very proud of our Navy pilot and his super supportive wife!
Post a Comment